Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t You Wish You Could Wash These Customers Right Out?

, , | Right | November 21, 2021

A number of years ago, I worked in a sandwich shop, primarily on the closing shift. One evening, two ladies came in about thirty minutes before closing. They proceeded to sit, eat their food, and chat. No issue; I had things to do.

I did everything I could for my closing, but all that was left was the floor. I proceeded to sweep up everywhere else other than their section. I put chairs on the tables and prepped my water for mopping. I started at the opposite end of the store and mopped all I could.

We had been closed for nearly an hour when one of the women spoke up.

Customer: “I think it’s totally disrespectful to clean while customers are eating. The smell of those chemicals is making me lose my appetite!”

Me: “Ma’am, we closed forty-five minutes ago, and this is the last thing on my list to do so I can go home.”

I had never seen that shade of red before, she blushed so hard.

Customer: *Clearly embarrassed* “Well, you still should wait, no matter the situation. ”

Sheesh, lady, can’t read the signs? Didn’t see me cleaning for the last forty-five minutes? Heck, almost all the lights were turned off in the dining room!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!