Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Work In Retail If You Have No Patience For Idiots

, , , | Right | April 11, 2022

I have had a bad day. My manager is being a major jerk, my coworker is being bossy, trying to order me around, and not doing her job, and I dealt with a rude customer who called me a b****. This customer that I’m dealing with now is pleasant, until the end.

Customer: “Oh, why don’t you just [return her returned item a different way]?”

Me: “Ma’am, the return is already completed.”

Customer: *Still smiling* “Oh, but I think it would be easier for you to return [item] first and then do [different item]!”

Me: *Staring at her* “Ma’am, the return is already completed. I can’t return both items once they’ve been returned once. That’s like giving you free money.”

Customer: “Oh, well, how about I just buy both items back and you do it that way so it’s easier?”

I can tell she honestly thinks she’s helping me by asking me to return an already returned item a different way, but I’m at the end of my rope.

Me: “No, it will most certainly not be easier! You’re asking me to do the exact same thing over again which will waste everyone’s time and confuse the system!”

Customer: “Oh! There’s no need to be so rude!”

After I got written up for that one, I turned in my two weeks. My boss asked me to stay and promised me a raise, but I reminded him that he promised me a raise and instead gave it to [Bossy Coworker]. I found a better job at a children’s clothing store.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!