Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t We All Have A Pair Of Shoes We’d Scream Over?

, , , , , | Friendly | April 16, 2020

It’s a beautiful day, and I’m out for a walk with my friend, her husband, and their two-year-old daughter. They just got back from a trip to Disneyland. The two-year-old is making happy and excited babbling toddler noises.

Friend’s Husband: “She’s saying, ‘I love my shoes!’”

Friend: “She just got those at Disneyland, and she is so proud of them!”

I speak to the daughter, looking at her shoes.

Me: “Wow, those are some of the most awesome shoes I’ve ever seen!”

The toddler babbles happily and scampers off. We’re passing through a wide, open field where her parents can easily see her, so they allow her to wander a bit while we chat. 

Suddenly, she makes a strange shout and we all look over. It turns out that part of the field which looked identical to the rest was actually a deep puddle with grass just floating on top! The little girl is already up to her knees in water, getting more soaked by the second, and as the truth dawns on her she starts screaming louder and louder. 

Her dad sprints over immediately and scoops her up, getting soaked and splashed in the process. He manages to calm her down and she stops crying, so he sets her back on the path. She takes a few steps, squelching in her soggy outfit.

Now, she makes sad and frustrated babbling toddler noises.

Friend’s Husband: “Now she’s saying, ‘I hate my shoes!’”

Fortunately, it was a warm day, and they soon got her home and dry. The only lasting damage was to the shoes, and her opinion of them!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!