Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Want Him As A Member Anyway

, , | Right | October 15, 2017

(I work in a store where our weekly sale flyer features specials only available to people who are store members. This is a free membership that you can sign up for at any time for to get the deals, and the form takes less than two minutes.)

Me: “Hi, can I get your store card or phone number?”

Customer: “No, I don’t want to be harassed after you sell my number.”

Me: “I promise we don’t sell your number, and we don’t need a phone number on the account, anyway, just your name and signature. Most of your items are on special this week and you’d save almost twenty dollars.”

Customer: “No. These are sale items. They’re in your flyer. I’m not signing up.”

Me: “I can’t give the member prices without the card. It will take one minute. If you look at the flyer, anything with the symbol beside it is for members only.”

Customer: “I AM NOT SIGNING UP FOR YOUR SCAM ARTIST CLUB. THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING. I WILL CALL MY LAWYER AND I CAN AND WILL BRING THIS COMPANY TO COURT BECAUSE YOU ARE ADVERTISING A PRICE AND REFUSING TO GIVE IT TO ME. NOWHERE DOES IT SAY YOU HAVE TO BE A MEMBER TO GET THESE PRICES!”

Customer #2: *rolls eyes and points to banner on flyer* “It says right here you have to be a member to get these prices.”

Customer #1: “WELL, IT’S STILL RIDICULOUS!” *storms out of the store, leaving everything on the counter*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!