Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Try Doctoring The Doctor

, , , , , | Right | May 30, 2012

(I am a medical receptionist for a busy medical centre. On this particular Friday night, we only have two doctors on and at least thorty-five people waiting. A new patient comes in.)

New Patient: “Yes, I’d like to see a doctor, please.”

Me: “Certainly, sir. However, I must tell you, there will be approximately an hour and a half wait. As you can see, we are very busy tonight.”

New Patient: “Are you sure you can’t just squeeze me in at the top of the queue? I couldn’t be bothered to go to work today, so I need a medical certificate.”

Me: “Unfortunately, that won’t be possible. We have a large number of patients with more serious ailments.”

New Patient: “That’s f****** ridiculous!”

(About ten minutes pass. One of the doctors comes out and calls another patient’s name.)

Doctor: “Mr. [Another Patient]?”

New Patient: “Yes! That’s me!”

Doctor: “No, it’s not.”

New Patient: “How do you know?! How dare you assume that I’m lying! Do you know who I am?!”

Doctor: “I know for a fact that you’re not my brother-in-law, whose name I just called.”

New Patient: *sheepishly picks up his bags and leaves*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!