Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Take This Heart To Heart

, , , , | Learning | February 17, 2014

(Around Valentine’s Day, the student body sets up something in the student store where you can send a chocolate heart on a stick to another student for a dollar or two. They’ll deliver them in class over a few days in third, fourth, and fifth periods. I’m not seeing anybody.)

Delivery Student: *reading off a list of names, followed by* “[My Name]’s fat, ugly a**.”

Teacher: “[Delivery Student]! That wasn’t very nice!”

Delivery Student: “Don’t blame me. That’s what it actually says on it!” *shows her*

Teacher: “And you people just let whoever bought that write that about her.”

Delivery Student: *snidely* “Well, maybe she should try not looking like that.”

(I take the chocolate, but I recognize the delivery student’s handwriting.)

Me: “Don’t worry about it, Mrs. [Teacher]. She’s the one who wrote it. It’s not her fault she can’t come up with something creative.”

Delivery Student: “I didn’t write that, you fat loser!”

Me: “Really? You sit next to me in English and I’ve been the one peer-reviewing your last several papers. I recognize the handwriting. I know you think you’re oh-so-special and cool, but seriously, do try harder next time.”

(The teacher gave her detention and ended up having a chat with our school’s principal over the incident. They still did Valentine’s delivery next year, but they involved a teacher who checked the names written on each and every one.)


This story is part of our Handwriting roundup!

Read the next Handwriting roundup story!

Read the Handwriting roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!