Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Mess With The Candyland Gang

, , , , , | Right | January 21, 2012

(It’s 7 AM Christmas Eve, and our shop has only just opened. I am one of two checkout staff. There are three customers in the shop, one of whom is acting edgy and therefore attracts my attention.)

Me: *to my supervisor* “I think that guy put something in his pocket.”

(My supervisor keeps an eye on the man and sees him pocket a packet of sausages, so she calls security. Half a dozen tall, bulky guys storm over to the checkouts. However, as it is Christmas Eve, they are all dressed up. Supervisor B, who is dressed up as an ice queen, complete with cape and crown, prevents the customer from leaving.)

Supervisor: “Excuse me, sir, are you sure you’ve paid for everything?”

Customer: “Um…”

(He looks up in fear at my supervisor, who is flanked by an angel, a snowman, a Christmas pudding, a Santa, and a guy in a tutu and fairy wings.)

Customer: “Oh, um, yeah, here’s some other stuff.” *empties pockets* “Sorry, excuse me.”

(He tries to sidestep to walk around us, but stumbles into a six-foot snowman complete with a top hat.)

Customer: “Excuse me… excuse me… excuse me!” *scurries out the door*


This story is part of the Christmas Eve roundup!

Read the next Christmas Eve roundup story!

Read the Christmas Eve roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!