Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Hold Back!

, , , , , | Learning | January 13, 2022

I used to teach at a primary school, I loved those kids, even the ones that were naughty or cheeky. What I hated was the parents — so many, rude, obnoxious, apathetic individuals who wanted us to parent their children for them.

The one I actually despised was a mother to one of the boys in my class. There was no other word for it: she was trashy. She would rock up to collection, late again, still wearing the dressing gown and slippers she dropped him off in. Her boy would never have the full equipment; he’d be missing sunscreen, a hat, water bottle, etc. But she’d always stink of cigarettes.

She was aggressive, too; nothing bad could be said about her boy, yet she clearly didn’t spend any time with him. Homework was never done, he was never read to, etc.

After he left my class, I bumped into his mum wearing another one of her dressing gown combos, despite it being 1:00 pm on a weekday.

Mother: “Oh, hiya. You were [Son]’s teacher.”

Me: “Oh, hi. Yeah, I have to go. Got to get to work.”

Mother: “Oh, I see how it is. No time for me now. Think you’re better than me.”

A million things went through my head. I could have de-escalated it. But instead, I answered.

Me: “Yes, I think I probably am. In fact, most people are. You’re rude, aggressive, and trashy. If you put any effort into your own child, he would actually do wonderfully well. But your own ego won’t let you. Get a job, have a wash, and parent your children.”

This caught her by surprise. I was a few steps away before she managed to put a sentence together.

Mother: “You little b****! How f****** dare you?! I will get you f****** fired. You b****, you f****** b****!”

Me: “Good luck with that.”

Of course, I had long left the school, mainly because of the treatment we received from people like her, and because I was totally unsupported and ignored by the office team — the same office staff [Mother] will be on her way to shout at. Best of luck.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!