Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Has No Beef With A Breakup

, , | Romantic | May 8, 2014

(My boyfriend and I have only been seeing each other for about four months. I introduce him to a local Brazilian steakhouse, and we’ve decided that we’re going to go there semi-regularly because their food is amazing. He tends to say very strange things when we’re there, because the tastiness of the food and the ambiance of the place just put him in a weird state of mind. He’s just said something else weird, and this conversation follows.)

Me: *having just noticed there is a five-year-old seated behind me* “You tend to say a lot of weird crap when we’re here.”

Boyfriend: “I think this place just kind of puts me in a no-filter state of mind.”

Me: “So… it puts your mind somewhere near mine?” *laughs* “Because we both know that I can censor myself. I just don’t particularly care to most of the time.”

Boyfriend: “Wait, what other weird stuff have I said here?”

Me: “Last time you said you thought this was the kind of place that you could get dumped in and not even care.”

Boyfriend: “Oh yeah. Well, it’s true!” *taking a bite of steak* “Even if you and I aren’t together anymore, I’d still have a soft spot for you for introducing me to this place.”

Me: *laughing* “There you go again. It is a nice place, though. We should bring your parents here next time they’re in town.”

Boyfriend: “My dad would love this place more than I do, I think. But I love this place, and I love the person who brought me here!” *smiling*

(Neither of us had said ‘I love you’ yet, and that was certainly the last thing I was expecting to hear!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!