Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Have A Latte Faith In Self-Espression

, , , | Right | April 12, 2012

(A customer comes in around 5:00 and orders a triple shot of espresso. I start to make it for him as he watches me the whole time.)

Me: *handing him cup* “Here you go sir, your triple shot of espresso!”

Customer: “This is a triple shot of espresso?” *looks down at cup*

Me: “Yes, sir, it’s three shots of espresso.”

Customer: “Oh, so what do I put in it?”

Me: *slightly confused as to what he is asking* “That depends entirely on your preference, sir. We have creamers, milk, sugar, and add-ins on the table behind you.”

Customer: “So, I should put that stuff in?”

Me: “Only if you want to.”

Customer: “Oh, okay.”

(He proceeds to go to table and adds everything on the table to the triple shot. Several minutes later, the customer comes in with the drink which is filled to the brim with milk/cream.)

Customer: “You served me earlier and this isn’t a triple shot.”

Me: “I remember you, sir, and it is. I handed you the triple shot.”

Customer: “Yes, but I don’t want cream or milk in it. I need you to make it again.”

Me: “Uh, sir, I’ll have to charge you again for the additional triple shot.”

Customer: “I don’t think you understand. This drink is wrong! I don’t want milk in it!”

Me: “I do understand, sir, but you put in the milk yourself.”

Customer: “You said to put in the milk!”

Me: “No, sir, I said it was down to your preference. How about you explain to me what you want in the triple espresso and I’ll give you a 10% discount?”

Customer: “Fine, I want espresso and a little sugar.”

Me: “All right, sir.”

(I charge him and begin to make the drink again. This time just adding a little simple syrup, hand him drink.)

Me: “Here’s your triple espresso!”

Customer: *looks at drink, then to drink counter* “So, should I put milk in?”

Me: “Do you want milk?”

Customer: “No.”

Me: “Then, no.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!