Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Gamble Your Job On It

| Right | March 8, 2016

(Two seconds before I call no more bets, customers thrusts $10 at me.)

Customer: “Put it on 47!”

Me: “Sir, put it down on the table; I can’t take it from your hand.”

Customer: “I said 47!”

(Unwilling to risk my job for this rude customer and with the wheel coming to a halt I call no more bets.)

Customer: “If that lands on 47, I’ll…”

(The wheel stops on 3:1 and I pay out winning bets. I then declare new game.)

Customer: “If 47 came up you would be in so much trouble.”

Me: “Look, sir, if you want me to place your bet put it on the table. I cannot take anything from you directly. Secondly, if your bet isn’t on that’s your responsibility. Call bets is not an obligation.”

Customer: “I can’t reach. What do you want me to do? I haven’t got Go-Go-Gadget arms. I pay your wage. You should do whatever I tell you to!”

(Customer cusses me out and threatens to “cave my head in.”)

Me: *sigh* “I just explained it to you. And if you truly believe that, then you must really suffer from confidence issues. Threaten me again and I will have you detained. I am refusing you service. I suggest you take your small-man syndrome somewhere else.”

(Thank god we don’t work on tips in Australia.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!