Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Ever Want To Visit The Farm Those Came From

, | Working | January 1, 2015

(This happens about 10 years ago when I am working my first job at a fast food restaurant. We have recently gotten comment cards that are placed at each table for customers to fill out and place in a box in our lobby. I have a friend who always puts an obvious joke card in every time she comes. I’m training with my manager to be shift lead and we’re looking through the comment cards with another employee standing around.)

Manager: “I think I found your friend’s card. It says her burger tasted like fear and shame and that we’re deplorable people for killing cows and that we should be skinned alive for coats.”

Me: *laughs*

Coworker: “We kill cows?” *the cogs turn in her head for a few moments* “Beef comes from cows?”

Me & Manager: *laughing*

Coworker: “No, really? Beef comes from cows?”

Manager: “Where did you think it came from?”

Coworker: “I don’t know? From pigs?”

Me: “Well, where does bacon, ham, and sausage come from?”

Coworker: “Umm… turkeys?”

(We spent the rest of the day asking her where various meats came from. I’m not sure how she got to 18 thinking that turkey and beef came from pigs!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!