Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Discount The Customer’s Ability To Discount, Part 13

, , , | Right | June 16, 2020

As I am working at the register, I see a woman in the waiting aisle pulling a quilt cover from its bag and placing it back in the bag.

Customer: “Hello, I’d like a discount on this since it isn’t packaged correctly.”

Me: “Was there another one in the aisle you got it from?”

Customer: “Oh, no, there wasn’t. I just found it on the floor like this.”

Me: “All right, just let me call up the manager of the housewares section to see if they can find another one.”

Customer: “Oh, no, that won’t be necessary; just give me the discount.”

Me: “Well, then, I’ll need to ring the section anyway to see if I can give you the discount.”

Customer: “I’M OUTRAGED YOU WON’T JUST DO WHAT I ASK!”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m sorry to say, but it is store policy that I call the manager of whatever section this item was taken from before I can give you a discount.”

Customer: “Fine, call up the manager.”

I then proceed to call.

Manager: “Yes, what can I do for you?”

Me: “Hello. This woman would like to purchase [Quilt Brand] but it is not placed in the box correctly. She’d like to see if she can get a discount.”

Manager: “I can just bring another one up there that is packaged correctly. If she refuses, tell her the item will not be discounted.”

Me: “Ma’am, my manager says he will bring you a new quilt but will not give you a discount.”

Customer: “YOU’RE ALL JUST DOING THIS BECAUSE I’M A FEMALE!”

The woman then left the store without purchasing the item she’d come in for.

Related:
Don’t Discount The Customer’s Ability To Discount, Part 12
Don’t Discount The Customer’s Ability To Discount, Part 11
Don’t Discount The Customer’s Ability To Discount, Part 10

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!