Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Bring Your Baggage To The Store

| Right | February 1, 2017

(I’m in line at the customer service desk waiting to make a return.)

Customer: “I left my shopping bag in here with all my coupons and glasses in it and I can’t drive home without them.”

Employee: “The only bag we have back there is this one.” *holds up a generic folded canvas tote*

Customer: “No, no, mine is one of your store brand reusable plastic bags with my glasses and coupons in it.”

Employee: “Well, I’m sorry, but this is the only one that has been turned in.”

Customer: “I already told you that isn’t mine! Look around back there. I know you have mine.”

Employee: “No, ma’am. I promise if I had another one, I would have shown it to you. Did you perhaps set it somewhere while you were shopping?”

Customer: “No, it was in my cart the whole time and when I put my things in the car, it wasn’t in the cart anymore. You have it back there, so just give it to me!”

Employee: “I don’t have your bag. This canvas one is the only one I have.”

Customer: “You’re not listening to me. Mine is a plastic one; I don’t want that canvas bag.”

Employee: “No, I’m not trying to give you the canvas bag; I’m just saying this is the only bag I have. Please check your car or where you were in the store. Maybe it fell out of the cart.”

Customer: *storming off* “This store’s a bunch of thieves! Stealing coupons from an old lady and expecting me to drive home without my glasses.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!