Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Don’t Blame Her; Blame Her Husband!

, , , , , , | Working | November 5, 2021

I used to work at the front desk of a private university. There was one other person in my position and we would swap off on morning and evening shifts. There were about two and a half hours where our shifts would overlap and it was around that time that the mail arrived.

My first coworker had a very long last name that wasn’t easy to spell, so when our delivery guy found out my last name was only five letters, he would just use my name to confirm delivery.

When that coworker left for another job, the new coworker had an equally long — but somehow harder to spell — last name, so the delivery guy continued using my name for confirmation while the three of us joked about it.

Fast forward a few months. I’d just gotten married and I was back in the office for the first time since when the delivery guy came by.

Delivery Guy: “Hey, you’ve been gone a while. It’s [Maiden Name], right?”

Me: “Actually, I just got married. It’s now [Longer Name that’s hard to spell].”

The guy looked up from his tablet, distraught.

Delivery Guy: “Why would you do that to me?!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!