Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Has No Turnstile Style

| Working | August 17, 2016

(I work as a security guard at a car factory and part of my job is monitoring the turnstiles out front. If people don’t have a company issued badge to get in, I’m supposed to make them sign a log sheet. Usually, there’s no problem; people take the two minutes to sign in and be on their way.)

Me: *watches guy shoving the turnstile* “Sir, don’t shove it like that. Please use your card.”

Man: *shoves even harder*

Me: “Sir, please, you’ll break it. Just come over here and sign in if you don’t have a card.”

Man: *shoves the turnstile even harder*

Me: “Sir, I’m not letting you in until you sign in.”

Man: “D*** it, let me in! I’m gonna be late!”

Me: “Sign in, and I’ll open the turnstile.”

(Another coworker starts to hand the guy his card, which is a pet peeve of mine because it’s not allowed and defeats the purpose of issuing personal cards. I lock the turnstiles so they won’t open from the front. The guy tries the card and starts to freak out when it obviously won’t work. Other people are finding theirs won’t work either.)

Me: “Sorry, but until this guy signs in, I can’t open them.”

Coworker: “Dude, just go sign in! You’re going to make us late!”

Man: *continues to bash turnstile* “I don’t have to sign no f***** sheet! I work at this f***** place!”

Coworker: “[Man], SERIOUSLY, go sign in! Now!”

Man: *finally leaves the turnstile and plows over to the window right up in my face* “OPEN THE DOOR OR I’LL BREAK YOUR TEETH!”

Me: “Seriously, it takes a minute to sign in and I’ll gladly let you through.”

Man: *raises his fist as if he’s about to hit me* “NOW, B****!”

Me: *smiles and points* “Smile, sir, you’re on camera.”

(The guy pales and looks where I’m pointing at the ceiling. Apparently, he’d forgotten I’m security and I’ve got cameras in the front entrance. I move away from the monitors and show him the screen showing him standing at the window with his fist still raised quite clearly. He slowly lowers it and I can see the muscles in his face start twitching slightly as he reaches for the log sheet and signs in quickly. He practically shoves it back at me and I unlock the turnstiles, allowing everyone through.)

Me: “Thank you very much, sir. Have a good day.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!