Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56657

Unfiltered | November 28, 2015

I went to a restaurant with my sister a while ago and I ordered a surf and turf main course which had a piece of steak and some breaded king prawns.
After eating two or three of the prawns I noticed when I cut into them they still had the line inside (the digestive tract which can be harmful to eat).
After we had finished I spoke to the waitress who asked if I was too full as I hadn’t eaten anymore of my main course and I told her no and explained about the prawns. She asked me to give her a minute and returned with a manager.

The manager told me “Oh we don’t know anything about these, they come ready prepared like this”. I told her I wasn’t asking for anything I just wanted them to know for the future. She then asked me if I was sure it wasn’t just a little bit of grit.
I was shocked and thought is that really much better to have dirt in my food? I said if it was a bit of grit then it wouldn’t be in every single one of them and in the same place.

They both left the table without a word and then the original waitress came back with the bill. They had refunded my starter. On the way out not one of them would look at me or said goodbye.

I haven’t been back.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!