Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Doing A Bad Job (Description)

| Working | January 27, 2015

(My husband applies for a job and makes it to the final two candidates, to be told the other applicant got the job but that it was a difficult decision, with a ‘cigarette paper’ between the two. Encouraged, he applies for a different job with the same company a few months later.)

Husband: *to Receptionist* “I’m here for my interview with [Interviewer].”

Receptionist: “I’ll let her know you’re here.”

(Several minutes later, well past the interview start time, the interviewer arrives.)

Interviewer: “I’m sorry Mr. [Husband] you’ve wasted your time applying. We told you last time you were unsuccessful.”

Husband: “That was for a different job. This job is—”

Interviewer: “It’s the same job. It’s just a different title.”

Husband: “I beg to differ. Here is the job description. It’s completely different to the job I applied for a few months ago and it has a different title. I’ve just driven for 45 minutes and you’re not ready for the interview which was scheduled by your HR department?”

Interviewer: “It’s the same job. You really should confirm details like this before you set out for an interview.”

Husband: “So, if your HR department advertises a different job with a different title and job description, I should assume it’s the one you said I NEARLY GOT several months ago and not apply? After my last interview, which was with you, yourself, you said you were happy to consider me for any other suitable positions.”

Interviewer: “Um. I’m sorry you’ve wasted your time.”

Husband: “I’m sorry, you’ve wasted my time, inviting me for an interview for a job which was advertised by your HR department but which apparently doesn’t exist!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!