Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Dog Owner Getting Owned

| Right | January 31, 2017

(I am training new associates on the registers at a well known Pet Store when a lady comes up with her dog.)

Customer: “My dog peed over there.” *points behind her towards the rest of the store*

(As the new associates help ring her items up I search for the cleaning spray and paper towels. When she is done getting her items, I place the paper towels and spray in front of her and say “Thank You” since at that time we had a bit of a line. A few minutes go by and there are just a few customers waiting in line. The lady comes back up.)

Customer: “Are you the manager on duty?”

Me: “No, ma’am, but I can get someone for you.”

Customer: “I have never had to clean up after my dog; what is your policy on customers cleaning up after their dogs?”

Me: *rather dumbfounded* “Ma’am, we have cleaning stations all around the store so customers can clean up after their dogs.”

Customer: “I have never had to do that. Workers always do it.”

Me: “No, ma’am.”

Customer: “I just wanted to know your policy.” *walks out the door*

(I stood dumbstruck for a few minutes trying to figure out why someone would have a dog and expect others to clean up after it. And what does she do when the dog is not in the store?)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!