Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Doesn’t Understand The Native Part

| Right | November 16, 2012

(My boyfriend, our best friend, and I have recently started a bakery business together. The boys are the bakers, while I work the register. It’s late in the afternoon and we are just about to close. The boys are sweeping the floors and other stuff. I am Mohawk Native American, but people often think I am Hispanic because of my darker skin. A customer walks in.)

Me: “Good evening, How can I help you?”

Customer: “Ah, no. Him.” *points at my friend*

My Friend: “Oh, sorry I am cleaning up. [My Name] will help you with your order.”

Customer: “No, it’s fine. How about him?” *points at my boyfriend, who is at the back doing the accounts*

Me: “He is not available either. I would be glad to help you.”

Customer: *sighs* “Alright. I have an order for a dozen eclairs, but can he give them to me?” *points again at my boyfriend*

Me: *confused* “Why?”

Customer: “Well, you’re Mexican, right? I just don’t want immigrants touching my food. You understand, right?”

(I just stare with shock.)

My Friend: “Lady, first of all she is Native American. Second, we do not tolerate racism here, so would you be so kind to leave our shop?”

Customer: “And you call yourself American! Defending some painted savage b****! I bet she puts peyote in the food to lure good Christian Americans into being voodoo savages!” *storms out and slams the door*


This story is part of our Native-American roundup.

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!