Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Doesn’t Understand The Custom Part Of Customer, Part 22

, , , , | Right | July 27, 2021

I’m a manager at a fast food location. I have been chit-chatting with some of my employees when I hear shouting behind me. When I turn around, I see an older gentleman cursing out my sixteen-year-old cashier.

Me: “[Cashier], why don’t you go to the back for a second? I think [Coworker] needs your help.”

Taking the hint, she shoots me a grateful look and scurries away. I then turn to the customer.

Me: “What seems to be the problem, sir?”

Customer: *Rudely* “They f****** messed up my food! I want a refund!”

Me: “Okay, do you have the food they messed up?”

Customer: “Yes.”

He hands me the items, which are promptly thrown into the waste bin. I then process his refund and give it to him. These items are on a two-for-$4 sale, meaning he only paid $4 for them. Originally, the messed-up items would have totaled around $7. When our system gives refunds, it automatically refunds things at full price. Also, this customer’s order was around $10 due to him ordering other things.

Me: *Hands him the refund* “Here you are, sir. I apologize for the mess up.”

Customer: *Still rude* “I want a refund on my whole order!”

Me: “Okay. I see that you ordered drinks. Were they messed up?”

Customer: “No.”

Me: “Did you drink them?”

Customer: “Yes.”

Me: “You ordered sides. Were those messed up?”

Customer: “No.”

Me: “Did you eat those?”

Customer: “Yes.”

Me: “Well, since your other food was fine, I am not refunding the rest of your order.”

The customer starts to get angry again and says a few choice words.

Me: “Sir, this is a business. I am not paying you to eat here. You pay us to eat here. If you continue to swear at me and my staff, I will call the police.”

The customer finally gave up and slunk back to his seat. I heard from the staff that he came back about three weeks later and behaved himself, and he hasn’t been seen since.

Related:
Doesn’t Understand The Custom Part Of Customer, Part 21
Doesn’t Understand The Custom Part Of Customer, Part 20
Doesn’t Understand The Custom Part Of Customer, Part 19
Doesn’t Understand The Custom Part Of Customer, Part 18
Doesn’t Understand The Custom Part Of Customer, Part 17

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!