Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Doesn’t Understand The Custom Part Of Customer, Part 19

, , , , | Right | July 21, 2020

A lady calls up asking for a plumber to fix her broken toilet. I tell her our hourly rate and the cost of a new ball valve. The customer sounds shocked and taken aback that a repair will cost something.

Customer: “I am not paying. Why should I pay for a faulty item?”

Me: “I am sorry, but the toilet is over fifteen years old, so we are unable to attend under warranty. Also, we didn’t fit it. We have to pay our engineer.”

Customer: “I don’t want to be billed for it.”

Me: “I am sorry. We cannot help you on this occasion, because we cannot carry out a repair for free. Our engineers want paying at the end of the month. If we did freebies for everyone, we wouldn’t have a business.”

Customer: “But it needs fixing.”

Me: “As I explained, we would be happy to repair the toilet for [amount].”

Customer: “No, I have already told you that I am not paying; why should I?!”

I am getting even more exasperated.

Me: “I am sorry. Perhaps you could try getting another company to repair a fifteen-plus-year-old toilet for free, who gets the engineer to work for free and flies to your house on a magic carpet, because we all know fuel is not free. Thank you and goodbye.”

Related:
Doesn’t Understand The Custom Part Of Customer, Part 18
Doesn’t Understand The Custom Part Of Customer, Part 17
Doesn’t Understand The Custom Part Of Customer, Part 16
Doesn’t Understand The Custom Part Of Customer, Part 15
Doesn’t Understand The Custom Part Of Customer, Part 14

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!