Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Doesn’t Look After His Property

| Right | November 16, 2013

(I take tech support calls for computer-aided design software. I get a call from a customer who is having issues remembering a certain command prompt for his software.)

Me: “Good morning, this is [Company Name]. My name is [My Name]; how can I help you?”

Customer: “Yeah, I’m having trouble remembering one of my tool commands.”

Me: “Okay, sir, do you know what the command does? Maybe I can help you figure out which command you’re looking for.”

Customer: “Yeah! I can click on a line or shape and it’ll give me the properties of that thing. What’s that command called? It’s like ‘help’ or ‘information’ or something like that.”

Me: “The ‘properties’ command, sir.”

Customer: “Yeah! The one that gives me the properties of something! I want that. What’s it called?”

Me: “Sir, it’s called ‘properties.'”

Customer: “Yeah, the one that gives me the properties! It’s called ‘help,’ I think.”

Me: “Sir, to find the properties of an item in your model, you will use the ‘properties’ command.”

(I tell him how to start the command. Afterwards, there’s a long pause on the other end of the line, when suddenly the customer shouts.)

Customer: “OH! It’s called ‘properties!’ Got it! Thanks, bye!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!