Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Doesn’t Have This In The Bag

| Working | June 11, 2014

(Typically when I get groceries I use the self-checkout lanes, because the baggers here are notoriously awful. However, I had a few coupons today and the self-check always has issues processing coupons, so I go to the regular checkout.)

Me: “Oh, and, I don’t mean to be rude but, can you please make sure the bread goes in a separate bag?”

Cashier: “I know how to do my job!”

Me: “I’m not saying you don’t! I’m just a bit paranoid from having it crushed a few times.”

Cashier: *looks offended* “Well, I’m not an idiot!”

(The cashier then proceeds to not only shove the loaf of down into the bag in such a way that it’s almost folded over in half, he then DROPS a 2-liter of soda on top of it, and flips the bag over a few times to ‘tie it off.’)

Cashier: “Here you go.”

Me: “Did you do that on purpose?”

Cashier: “What are you talking about?”

(I still don’t know whether he was just faking innocence or if he really didn’t realize he ruined two items simultaneously. Thankfully, the customer service desk let me replace the smashed-to-pieces bread, and the explosion-waiting-to-happen soda.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!