Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Doesn’t Have It In The Bag

| Right | March 15, 2015

(I’m working as a cashier at a popular grocery store. A woman comes in my line with a shopping cart full of typical grocery items.)

Me: “Hi, there. How are you doing today?”

Customer: “I’m okay. I forgot my (reusable) bags at my house, though.”

Me: “That’s okay; it happens to us all.”

(The first thing on the belt is three 4-litre jugs of milk.)

Me: “Do you want bags for the milk?”

Customer: “Yes, please. And could you double bag it?”

(Next are a few things of meat products.)

Me: “Did you want the meat all in one bag?”

Customer: “No. I need the bacon in its own bag. And could you also separate the meat and seafood?”

Me: “Sure.”

(This keeps going throughout the transaction, wanting bread in one bag, the produce broken up into numerous bags, cleaning products in smaller bags before being put into bigger bags, and most of these being double bagged. At the end, there is a bag of chips left on the belt.)

Me: “Did you want this in its own bag?”

Customer: “Oh, no, thanks. I’m trying to cut down on the number of plastic bags.”

(I ended up using more bags than she had groceries.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!