Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Doesn’t Get The Warning Signs

| Working | November 17, 2014

(I’m mute, and usually try to shop at places where an employee knows sign language. I’m also a lesbian, and though my girlfriend often goes out with me, this time she stays home. I go to a clothing store where I’m friends with one of the cashiers. I walk in, and a new hire is greeting people.)

New Hire: “Welcome to [Store]! Can I help you find something?”

Me: *shakes head*

New Hire: “Oh, okay.”

(I wander off to look at shirts. I notice him follow me, while trying to stay out of sight. He eventually comes over.)

New Hire: “So, do you come here often?”

Me: *signs that I’m mute*

New Hire: “Geez, chicky, I don’t speak that. But I know you’re pretty d*** hot. Wanna go out?”

(I quickly leave, and head straight to the checkout counter. My friend is there, and I quickly tell her what happened. She tells me to wait, and she leaves. A minute later, she comes back with the new hire.)

Friend: “Is this the guy?”

Me: *signs yes*

New Hire: “What, is she giving me her number?”

Friend: “Dude, don’t hit on her.”

New Hire: “Why not? She’s a hot piece of a**!”

Friend: “One, that’s harassment. Two, she’s taken. Three—”

New Hire: “Well, I can easily steal her away? Who wouldn’t want me?”

Friend: “A lesbian.”

New Hire: “… She wasn’t that hot, anyway.”

(He walked off, glaring at me. My friend got a manager, who wrote the new hire up for sexual harassment. He also gave me a gift card, and I taught him ‘thank you’ in sign language.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!