Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Doesn’t Care One Iota About The Rota

, | Working | May 24, 2013

(I’m just finishing the cleaning from the Saturday evening shift. It’s around 1:30 am Sunday morning. Note: sometimes our lazy boss doesn’t bother to make up next week’s rotation until late on Saturday evening.)

Me: “Hey [Boss], there’s a problem with the rota you’ve just put up. I’m scheduled to open up on Sunday morning.”

Boss: “So?”

Me: “That’s only four and half hours from now!”

Boss: “So?”

Me: “I can’t get home, showered and changed in that time. Besides, you know I don’t work on Sundays.”

Boss: “So? Find someone to cover your shift.”

Me: “It’s the middle of the night. How can I find someone to cover me in four hours time?”

Boss: “Well if you don’t, you’re opening up at 6:00.”

Me: “Right, you know it’s illegal to schedule two shifts without a decent break in between, and you know I don’t work Sundays for religious reasons. YOU find someone to cover, because I’m NOT coming in!”

(I found out later he went to the all-night drinking place round the corner, drank for four hours, and then did the opening shift himself.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!