Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Does Not Pass With Flying Colors, Part 2

| Working | January 28, 2014

(One of my employees comes in for his shift wearing a long-sleeve undershirt in a color that isn’t approved by our uniform standards.)

“Me: “Hey, [Employee]. You can’t wear that shirt. It isn’t an approved color.”

Employee: “It’s the only long sleeve shirt I have.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but you can’t wear it. It’s against our uniform policy.”

Employee: “Guess I’m going to just go home then.”

Me: “So, you do have a right colored shirt to change into?”

Employee: “No. But if I can’t wear this shirt I’m going home. It’s going to be freezing tonight and I can’t work without it.”

Me: “So what you are telling me is that, despite being made aware of the five approved undershirt colors when you were hired, as well as having a list on the wall behind you, you still chose not to get a long sleeve shirt in the right color?

Employee: *shrugs*

Me: “Okay. Since you are a closing driver, I want you to explain to the other closer that he is going to have to do your work on top of his because you can’t handle being out in 50 degrees for five minutes at a time.”

(He chose to stay and close.)

Related:
Does Not Pass With Flying Colors

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!