Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Do Me A Favor And Tell Me… How Did He Get There?

, , , | Right | CREDIT: Souvok | March 31, 2023

I work in a hotel. At about 5:30 am, a guy comes in.

Man: “What is your rate for the night?”

I tell him.

Man: “That’s too much!”

Me: “We are the cheapest in the area, sir.”

Man: “No, I just want a taxi. Can you give me a number to a taxi company?”

Me: “Taxis don’t come out this far since we are on the edge of town, and the one taxi person I can call doesn’t answer his phone for any rides before 9:00 am.”

For those that don’t know, to use a [Rideshare], you have to download an app on your phone and prepay for the ride using your credit card.

Man: “Okay. Can you call me a [Rideshare], then?”

Me: “No, that’s not how it works; you have to use your phone to get a [Rideshare].”

He is holding his smartphone in his hand when I say this.

Man: “Yeah, well, I can’t do that. Can you do me a favor and get me a [Rideshare]?”

Me: “No, I can’t and I won’t.”

Man: “Come on. It’s just a simple favor. You have to do it for me.”

Me: “I am under no obligation to do you any favor whatsoever.”

Man: “With an attitude like that, you should get your a** kicked!”

I stand up in an aggressive posture, which is easy to do since I’m over 6’2″ tall and this guy is like 5’8″.

Me: “Did you seriously just threaten me because I won’t pay for a [Rideshare] for you?”

Man: “I am saying that if you were to ever ask someone for a favor with an attitude like that, you should get your a** kicked.”

Me: “Man, get the f*** out of my hotel.”

Man: “So, what, you never ask anybody for a favor?”

Me: “No, I don’t ask strangers for favors. I am resourceful and have personal responsibility. Now get the f*** out, or I’m calling the cops.”

As he starts walking out, he says:

Man: “You must be better than God, then, to never ask anyone for favors!”

How entitled do you have to be to believe someone should get their a** kicked because they won’t pay for a [Rideshare] for you, especially when you don’t even know each other? I get stupid entitled people like this so often that I can be quick to cuss someone out, I’ll admit, but I don’t feel I was in the wrong, and my boss agreed.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!