Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Giving You A Reason To Smile

, , , , | Hopeless | May 11, 2016

(It’s about 4:30 in the morning and I am just starting the three-hour commute back to my job after visiting my parents. I am running kind of late so I just rolled out of bed and threw on some shoes to drive, so I look like a hot mess. In my state, you don’t pump your own gas; an attendant comes and does it for you. This time, the guy is about my age, and comes outside to the pump with the biggest smile on his face.)

Attendant: “Good morning, miss! Wow, you look beautiful today! You have the nicest smile I’ve seen around here all night!”

(I’m still half asleep so all I can manage is an embarrassed “Thank you!” The attendant continues to chatter happily, and after I’ve paid, asks me to stay for a moment while he runs inside.)

Attendant: “Here, miss, have a cup of coffee, on me! It’s a cold morning and you can’t be expected to drive without fresh coffee! Have a wonderful morning now, and keep that beautiful smile on!”

(I haven’t seen him since, but I’ll always remember his kindness and how he made my whole day that morning!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!