Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Distresses Over Mistresses

, , , , | Right | July 11, 2012

(I am 21 and work at a sporting goods store. We have two stores, and the company is family-owned; the owner has an office just upstairs. He’s wealthy, in his forties, and happily married with three kids. I’m helping a customer with a special order.)

Me: “Okay, that should do it! It usually takes about two weeks for a special order to be delivered. I’ll give you a call when they come in.”

Customer: “You’re pretty.”

Me: “Thank you. Was there anything else I could help you with?”

Customer: “You should marry [Company Owner]. He’s rich.”

Me: “Um. Well. He’s too old for me, I think. And he’s already got a wife.”

Customer: “Yeah, well, you’re younger than her.”

Me: “Um, I don’t think he wants a younger wife. I think he’s happy with the one he has.”

Customer: “Come now. All girls want a rich husband. Don’t you want a rich husband?”

Me: “I’ve got career plans of my own, actually. This job is just putting me through college. I think I’ll manage.”

Customer: “Some people have no ambition!” *walks away*


This story is part of the Customers-That-Make-You-Want-To-Back-Up-themed roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!