Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Directly Observing Credit Will Affect The Results

, , , , | Right | December 28, 2017

(I work in a call center that tries to connect people with credit help. I get a customer on the phone, get through most of the scripted conversation, and give him the pitch for a credit repair company.)

Customer: “Wait, wait, wait. Are you pulling my credit?”

Me: “No, sir, I do not have authorization to do that, but [Credit Repair Company] can look at it to get a better idea of—”

Customer: *interrupting me* “No, you better not pull my credit, and they better not, either, because if you look at my credit it will bring it down.”

(This is not true, as the company only does soft pulls, not hard inquiries.)

Me: “Oh, no, sir. It won’t—”

Customer: *interrupting again* “Don’t you ‘oh, no’ me. If you look at my score, it will hurt my credit.”

Me: “No, sir, it won’t—”

Customer: “Oh, yeah? Why won’t it?”

Me: “Because, sir, [Credit Repair Company] only does soft pulls; they don’t do hard inquiries, which means it won’t show up on your credit report.”

Customer: “So, you’re guaranteeing to me, personally, that what they’re doing won’t hurt my credit?”

Me: “No, sir, they will not hurt your credit.”

Customer: “Because if they go and look at my credit and it hurts my credit, I’m going to personally sue you, and take away your house.”

(I have no idea how he thinks he might go about that, as he only has my first name and no idea where I live, and I happen to live in an apartment, so…)

Me: “No, sir, it will not hurt your credit.”

Customer: *starting to calm down* “Okay, well…”

(At this point the line went kind of fuzzy, and there was also a blip from his end that covered up what he was saying.)

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. I didn’t quite hear that.”

Customer: “Ah. Okay, buh-bye now.” *hangs up*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!