Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Directionless Call, Part 3

| Right | October 25, 2013

Me: “Hi there, [Company Name], [My Name] speaking; how can I help you?”

Customer: “I need some information about my GPS; can you transfer me?”

Me: “Well what kind of information are you looking for?”

Customer: “Oh, can you help me? It’s a little embarrassing.”

Me: “That’s okay; I’ll do my best.”

Customer: “Okay, you know when you turn it on and it loads up and there’s a map?”

Me: “Yeah.”

Customer: “Well, there’s this little arrow that’s pointing, and I don’t know where it’s pointing to. It’s not pointing north; it’s just all over the place.”

Me: “Is it pointing the direction you’re facing?”

Customer: “What? No. I mean it’s just pointing. I’ve looked up tutorials online and everything. No one seems to have this issue.”

Me: “Is it pointing off the edge of the screen? Have you entered a destination?”

Customer: “No.”

Me: “Okay, does the arrow spin when you turn around?”

Customer: “Yes! I don’t understand!”

Me: “Well then, it’s telling you what direction you’re facing.”

Customer: “What? I don’t understand.”

Me: “Let’s see. How can I explain this? If you were at a crossroad—”

Customer: “No, you don’t understand! I’m in my living room and it’s pointing due east!”

Me: “Are you facing due east?”

Customer: “Oh, why yes I am! Thank you so much! You have a nice day now.”

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!