Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Direct From China To A North Carolina Drive-Thru

, , , , | Right | April 22, 2020

A customer comes up to the drive-thru window to pay. She starts to hand me her money and then yanks it back.

Customer: “Does your food come from China?”

I hold back a deep sigh.

Me: “No, ma’am.”

Customer: “Are you sure?

Me: “Yes, ma’am.”

Customer: “How sure are you?”

Me: “Your total is $8.96, ma’am.”

She gives me a twenty. I start to mark it with our fake bill detector, as we do with all bills $10 and up. I like to draw smiley faces on mine.

Customer: “Yeah, you wish it was fake.”

I don’t say anything or look at her, but involuntarily I scrunch my face in a little “WTF does that even mean” face. I guess she sees this, because…

Customer: “You know, you don’t need to be making all those negative gestures. I bet your shift leader would love to hear about all your little… negative gestures.”

I hand her the change, which also has a smiley face on the ten, and smile at her, nice and bright.

Me: “Have a great night, ma’am.”

Customer: “Yeah, that’s what I thought!

She zooms to the next window. I walk up to the front to get a cup of water and see my poor manager leaning out the window talking to this woman, nodding her head, saying, “I’m so sorry,” etc. The woman gets her food and leaves.

Manager: “Wow, what a b****. What did that woman say to you?”

Thank God my managers are awesome and know that the customer is NOT always right!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!