Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Dine? Nine? Nein!

, , , | Right | December 13, 2020

We close at 9:00 pm. A woman and her grandson walk in at 8:50 and order for here. I still have to serve her since it is before closing. Nine pm rolls around and we lock the doors — people can still leave; others just can’t come in — and I pull the register. I come back up front and there’s a man standing there looking at the menu.

Me: “Did you need a to-go box?”

Customer: “No, I’m ready to order.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but the dining room closed at nine.”

Customer: “Well, my son and I need to eat.”

Me: “Sir, I’m sorry, but since the dining room closed at nine, I was following protocol and pulled the register. I can’t take your order.”

Customer: “You’re kidding me! You can’t ring me up on the drive-thru?”

Me: “I’m not technically supposed to since the dining room closed at nine.”

I then ask him how he got in here since the doors were locked.

Customer: “My son let me in the locked doors.”

Me: “Sir, I cannot serve you since you came in after we were already closed.”

Customer: “I want to speak to your manager!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!