Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Digit Flip Will Make You Flip

| Working | July 7, 2017

(My husband is an automotive technician at a local car dealership. One of his really good friends works in the parts department of that dealership. One day I get a call from an unknown number, which turns out to be the parts department at my husband’s work.)

Friend: “Hello, this is [Friend] in the parts department at [Dealership]. May I please speak with [Customer]?”

Me: *silent for a beat* “What?”

Friend: “I am trying to reach [Customer] regarding his parts at [Dealership].”

Me: “Are you messing with me?”

Friend: “Excuse me? I’m trying to reach [Customer].”

Me: “Is this [Friend’s Full Name]?”

Friend: *very cautiously* “Um. Yes?”

Me: “Dude, this is [My Name]. You know, [Husband]’s wife? You dialed the wrong number.”

Friend: “Wait, this isn’t [reads out phone number]?”

Me: *laughing* “How crazy is it that you switched the last two digits, and called me?”

Friend: “So, uh, how’s your Saturday going?”

(We ended up chatting for a few minutes. I can’t stop laughing at the crazy coincidence of our friend mixing up a phone number, in an area with over 100,000 people, and calling me!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!