Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Didn’t Register A Thing You Told Them

, , , , | Working | January 5, 2019

I’m 24 and have just bought a new car. My apartment building’s manager lives onsite. She mentions that a new resident is looking for a car and saw my old car with a “For Sale” sign in the window. Through her, I connect with the guy who might want to buy my car. Our negotiations are a little rocky, but I really want to sell my car, so I accept his offer, even though he needs to wait a week to get the money.

In the meantime, I have a trip planned, so I clean out my car, remove the license plates, and tell the building manager about it and leave the car key with her; I trust her. She offers to hold the check payment for me until I’m back.

When I get back from my trip, my mailbox and door are both full of warnings about my “unregistered car,” alerting me that it’ll be towed within a week if I don’t register it. I go see the manager immediately and ask what it’s all about. She tells me residents are not allowed to keep unregistered cars in our building’s parking lot. I tell her I took the plates off because the other guy was going to buy it and it should be his problem by now. I also ask her if she has my check. She says she has no idea what I’m talking about.

I go over and knock on the guy’s door, and he says he changed his mind. I go back to the manager to get my car keys, and she gives them to me and says I’d better get that car registered.

I immediately put the plates back on, and nothing more is ever said. Maybe it’s for the best that she didn’t act as the middleman for my car sale.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!