Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Didn’t Leave Them Hanging

, | Hopeless | September 27, 2016

I am on my way to get some hangers for my sliding closet doors and notice an older couple standing outside of their car. I don’t think much of it and walk in to get my items.

I am a 23-year-old, heavily-tattooed female, and most older people I encounter here are very judgmental.

When I come back out they are still standing there so I go to see what’s going on. They are locked out of their car. The whole time he is trying to calm his wife down and redirect her, as she has severe Alzheimer’s.

We can’t get in so I take them in my car down to the dealership and we get a new key made.

While he is talking to the people I buy his wife a soda and sit with her to keep her calm. Turns out he is 89 and she is 79 and they have been married for 60 years. He is her primary caregiver even though he has many issues of his own. Wonderful people and completely non-judgmental of me. He offered me money which of course I didn’t take; I took them back to their car and wished them well. I was late to work but it was so worth it for the happy tears I cried on the way there.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!