Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Didn’t Drink This One Through

| Working | August 15, 2014

(This particular sandwich restaurant has a $6 meal combo which includes a sandwich, small drink, and cookie. Separately, a sandwich and cookie come to $6.50. As a poor University student I’m trying to save money any way possible, so I usually get the combo. However, this day I already had a drink with me and didn’t need another one.)

Me: “I’ll have the sandwich and a chocolate chip cookie please.”

Cashier: “That comes to $6.50. Would you like to upgrade to the $6 combo and get a small drink for 50 cents less?”

Me: “I only want the sandwich and cookie, but can I get the deal and just not have the drink?”

Cashier: “No, you have to pay $6.50 if you’re not getting the drink.”

Me: “Well, I’ll take the deal then and just ‘forget’ the cup.”

Cashier: *getting frustrated* “No, you must take the cup and have a drink if you get the deal.”

Me: “Fine. I’ll take the drink.”

(The cashier hands me a small cup and straw.)

Cashier: “That’s $6 please.”

(Immediately after I paid I turned around and put the empty cup and straw in the bin next to me and walked off with the rest of my meal. He looked furious!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!