Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Diamonds Are Not A Woman’s Best Friend

| Working | May 9, 2017

(This story comes from my now-fiance when he went to buy my engagement ring. Throughout our dating, I made no secret of the fact that I never wanted to own a diamond because of artificial market inflation, and their connections to human rights violations. So, naturally, he goes into his conversation with the jeweler knowing that.)

Fiancé: “I’m interested in looking at engagement rings.”

Jeweler: “Absolutely. Let me take you to look at our selection. We’ll find the perfect one to make her say yes.”

Fiancé: “So, I’m not interested at diamonds at all, and I’d really prefer manufactured gemstones, rather than mined ones.”

Jeweler: “You may not be interested in diamonds, but she is.”

Fiancé: “She actually isn’t. She’s made that fairly clear.”

Jeweler: “Girls say that. But they don’t mean it. They don’t really know what they want.”

Fiancé: “That may true. Thing is, she isn’t a girl; she’s a woman, and perfectly capable of making up her own mind.”

(I couldn’t be prouder of him. And yes, this is confirmed as having happened by my best friend who was ring shopping with him to give opinions and browsing nearby.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!