Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Diabetics Will Die Without Pancakes. Got It.

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: lunamunmun | January 7, 2022

A woman walks into the store in the morning and spends a while staring at the part of the aisle where we keep our maple and other syrups, honeys, jams, etc.

I ask her if she needs help because she does seem in quite a bit of distress over maple syrup. We’ve all been there.

Customer: “I’m looking for maple syrup that doesn’t have any sugar.”

Me: “Ma’am, if that’s even possible, we definitely don’t carry it.”

Customer: “That’s impossible! What about for diabetic customers? Do you just let them die?”

Me: “Ma’am, people usually check the sugar content themselves.”

Customer: “What if they don’t know?”

Me: “We’re in Canada. Everyone knows. Also, the nutrition facts are on the back.”

Customer: “You’re lying to me. Where’s your manager?”

Me: “She’s not in until later.”

Customer: “They just let you run around unsupervised?”

Me: “With all due respect, everyone working here is an adult.”

She just paused for a bit; I guess realized she was wrong. She whispered, “They will get you,” before leaving the store. I was glad I only had an hour left of my shift. If “they” are still planning on “getting” me, I’d appreciate it if they hurried up

For the record, we’re in Canada. Maple syrup is labelled as such. If it’s not made from maple sap, it’s not called maple syrup here.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!