Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Descending Into Obnoxiousness

| Right | August 2, 2013

(I’m standing at the bus stop when I see the bus coming. There’s a car just a few meters before the bus stop, not allowing the bus to stop very close from the side walk. The doors open and a passenger starts descending, and stops half-way, blocking two other people and myself from getting in.)

Me: “Ma’am, are you going to descend?”

Passenger: “Yes I am, whenever this driver decides to get closer to the side walk.”

Driver: “Sorry, but I can’t get any closer, ma’am. The car is blocking me.”

Passenger: “You are obligated to stop 50cm from the side walk, and you are stopping at least a meter and a half!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but can you let me pass?”

Passenger: “No, you’ll just have to wait. I guess I’m going to stay here until the next stop.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but the next stop is two blocks away, and I’ll never catch the bus. I really can’t wait for the next one.”

(I try to get on, and she pushes me away with incredible strength and I almost fall.)

Passenger: “No! You’ll just have to wait.”

Me: “Look, we are happy to help you descend if that’s the problem, but we all need to get on the bus.”

Passenger: “I don’t want you to help me descending. Do you think I’m crippled? I want the bus driver to respect the law or I’ll fill a complaint!”

Person Behind Me: “Oh, come on! Just let us pass!”

Me: “Yes, just let us in, and you can descend the next stop.”

Passenger: *screaming at bus driver* “You should stop closer to the side walk; move the bus!”

Driver: “Ma’am, I can’t. These people offered you help to descend if that was the problem, but you refused it. You can stay on the bus and descend at the next stop and let these people in, or just descend.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I have had enough! I need to get to my job.”

(I manage to get on the bus even though she pushes me again. She eventually descends while cursing at all of us.)

Me: “Wow, some people are just crazy.”

Driver: “You have no idea, girl!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!