Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Democracy Is Great, But It’s Not In Here!

, , , | Right | February 9, 2023

It’s an election year in Sweden. For the previous elections, the library where I work has been an early voting station. Due to an increase in early voters, the station has outgrown the library space. The new early voting station is in the same building as the library, right next door to us. There are numerous signs and arrows and election workers in bright vests present to show the way. Still…

Someone walks up to my library information desk.

Patron: “Hi, I’m here to vote.”

Me: “Early voting is next door this year. Just follow the signs outside or ask someone wearing a vest and they will help you.”

Patron: “But I’ve always voted in the library before.”

Me: “We don’t have enough space anymore. Go next door and they will help you.”

Patron: “Are you sure? Last election, I came here to vote.”

Me: “Yes, I’m sure. Turn around, go out the door, and turn left. You will find the early voting station right next to us.”

The person looks doubtful but eventually leaves. The next person in line steps up to the counter.

Next Patron: “Hi, I want to vote.”

This is going to be a loooong three weeks.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!