Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Deliver Me From This Delivery

| Working | July 18, 2017

(My friends and I decide to order a pizza combo from one of our favourite pizza spots in town, a small place that’s always had exceptional food and fast delivery. My friend warns me that last time she ordered from them, she got a $20 credit for a cold pizza, but we figure lightning can’t strike twice, right? 7:30 pm: I order pizza, breadsticks, and wings. Estimated delivery time: 8:00 pm. At 8:15 pm, the phone rings.)

Me: “Hello?”

Driver: “Hi, this is your [Pizza Place] delivery guy. What did you order?”

Me: “[Specialty Pizza], breadsticks, and ten BBQ wings.”

Driver: “Pizza, breadsticks, and wings?”

Me: “Yup.”

Driver: “S***, I don’t have that at all.”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Driver: “Yeah, they didn’t give me that. I have your wings, but not the pizza or breadsticks. Did you order a two-liter of Pepsi?”

Me: “No. Sorry.”

Driver: “Well, let me drop off these wings, and then I’ll run back to the store for the rest of it.”

Me: “Okay… ”

(8:30 pm: The phone rings.)

Driver: “Hi, it’s [Pizza Place] delivery guy again. I’m back at the store, and we can’t find your order. You said you ordered [Other Specialty Pizza], breadsticks, and twenty BBQ wings? I have the wings and your Pepsi.”

Me: “No, I ordered [Specialty Pizza], breadsticks, and ten BBQ wings. No Pepsi.”

Driver: “Well, it’ll be another 30 minutes while they make your breadsticks. I don’t know why they didn’t make them. They must be on crack. I don’t know what the h*** is wrong with anyone here. It’s my second day of work, and they sent me all the way to your house without any of your food, except the twenty wings and Pepsi. Anyway, I’ll wait for these breadsticks to get done, and I’ll be around. Should just be 30 minutes.”

(9:15 pm: The phone rings.)

Driver: “Hi, it’s me again. I swear, this is the worst day, and it’s only my second day on the job. I have your breadsticks and wings, and I’m giving you a Pepsi for free.”

Me: “Thank you.”

Driver: “I should be there in about ten minutes.”

(9:35 pm: Driver arrives. Food is predictably stone cold. 9:36 pm: I call the manager.)

Me: “Yes, hello, I’m sorry to be a pest, but the most confusing thing happened, resulting in me getting my food two hours after I ordered it, and it’s stone cold. I’d like to ask for a credit or a refund.”

Manager: “Yes, of course. I’m going to refund your entire order. We totally forgot about your order and botched it, and I’m sorry about that. The refund should process in two-five business days, depending on your bank.”

Me: “Thank you so much!”

(Nine days later, when the refund hadn’t processed… I called corporate and got a massive apology. The refund hadn’t been put through at all!! I immediately got the refund pushed through.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!