Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Deconstructing Friendships

, , , | Friendly | March 11, 2021

I have been fortunate enough to do well in my business and so can send my daughter to a private school. While the education she gets is great, some of the other parents can be a tad… out of touch. Also of note, I have built a small playhouse in my backyard for my daughter to play in. She has a school friend over, and I speak with the friend’s father when he comes to pick his daughter up.

Friend’s Dad: “The girls really love that playhouse. [Friend] wants one; now where did you get it?”

Me: “Actually, I built it a year or so ago.”

Friend’s Dad: “Oh, gotcha. I think we’ll try to get one set up here soon. Can you give me your contractor’s name?”

Me: “I didn’t use a contractor; I built it.”

Friend’s Dad: “No, I get that you designed it, but who actually built it? My daughter keeps asking for one.”

Me: “I’m the one that actually built it.”

Friend’s Dad: *Getting irritated* “Seriously, you know what I mean. Quit being difficult. Who cut the lumber and hammered the screws and all that?”

Me: “I did.”

Friend’s Dad:  Just tell me where to get the d*** thing.”

Me: “I didn’t get it from anywhere. I got the lumber from the yard over on [Street] and built it.”

Friend’s Dad: *Livid* ” Fine, be that way. Way to disappoint a little girl. Jacka**!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!