Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Deaf To Reason, Part 4

| Working | December 14, 2015

(I’m partially deaf in both ears and heading to work from the train station.)

Coworker: “[My Name]! Why didn’t you answer?!”

Me: “I’m sorry, were you calling me?”

Coworker: “I’ve been yelling your name since you walked through the gate! Why didn’t you answer me?!”

Me: “Ah, because I’m partially deaf in both ears and didn’t hear you.”

Coworker: “No, you’re not!”

Me: “Yes, I am, since I was 12. I even wear hearing aids.”

(He looks straight at my ears.)

Coworker: “No, you’re not; don’t be silly.”

Me: “YES, I am! And I’m not wearing my aids at the moment as they’re being repaired.”

Coworker: “Pfft, if you can’t hear than how do you talk and understand us?”

Me: “I lip read and listen to as much as I can.”

(My coworker ponders this while staring at my disbelieving.)

Coworker: “Okay, okay. Well, how come you didn’t walk up the escalator?! And why are we walking to work via the hill instead of stairs?! I’ve been chasing you and now we’re going the wrong way!”

Me: “Because, as you already know, I have a torn ligament in my ankle and can’t take stairs! What’s with the 20 questions?!”

(He proceeded to berate me for not answering him, going the “wrong” way, and making him chase me.)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!