Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Deaf To Reason, Part 3

| Right | May 16, 2014

(I’m mute, but learned sign language as a way to communicate. Most people assume I’m deaf, and I usually don’t need to correct them. However, some people use this assumption to make comments. I’m at the mall.)

Customer: “Miss, do you know where [Store] is?”

Me: *signs that I only speak sign language*

Customer: “Stupid deaf people. Shouldn’t be allowed the same place as us normal people! You ungrateful s*** had better stay the f*** away from me!”

(I tear up a bit, but then the security officer, who understands sign language, comes over.)

Security Officer: “Ma’am, please stop harassing her.”

Customer: “What?! I did no such thing! I only asked her for directions! And, she’s deaf! How could she know?!”

Security Officer: “She’s not deaf, ma’am. She heard every word. I’d like you to apologize to her.”

Customer: “H***, no! She’s a little b**** who shouldn’t be out with the normal part of society!”

Security Officer: “I’m going to ask you to leave now.”

Customer: “Why?!”

Security Officer: “You’re being disruptive and rude. You need to leave.”

Customer: “She should leave! She’s wasting time and space!”

Security Officer: “She isn’t screaming profanities, harassing others, or even being the least bit loud. I’m going to ask you one more time to leave the property.”

(The customer refuses, and has to be dragged out by two other officers!)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!