Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s A Gamble With The In-Laws

| Related | October 14, 2016

(My sister-in-law is incredibly frustrating. Her life is either sorry and misery over nothing, or the best life ever! with the best husband and job and friend, even when she complains about them the whole time. Lately she has been in the “everything I do is the best thing ever; aren’t I so lucky?” phase.)

Sister-In-Law: “We have just booked a holiday!”

Wife: “Oh, that’s nice. Where to?”

Sister-In-Law: “Vegas!”

Wife: “Really? I would have never have guessed you wanted to go.”

Sister-In-Law: “Well, [Husband] has always wanted to go there, and it should be amazing.”

(Over the next three weeks her Facebook is full of countdown posts, the weather in Vegas, pictures or fake complaints about all the “stress” of packing, etc. We can’t believe she wants to go; they never have any money and her husband is a massive gambler — one of her massive complaints. She goes off on holiday then drops round to brag.)

Wife: “So, how was the holiday?”

Sister-In-Law: “Great! Fantastic! You have to go!”

Me: “Maybe one day; neither of us like to gamble.”

Sister-In-Law: “Oh, there is so much to do there as well.”

Wife: “What else did you get up to?”

Sister-In-Law: “Well, we were going to go on a tour, but [Husband] wanted to see some more casinos. We did see a show that was …ok. We spent a lot of time on the strip.”

Wife: “Sounds good!”

Sister-In-Law: “Are you planning to get away?”

(I hate that she asks this. We have two children, and my wife has just quit work until she can find a job with flexible hours. We obviously don’t have a lot of money.)

Me: “We are going to the coast.”

Sister-In-Law: “That sounds… nice.”

Me: “It will be. It might not be Vegas but we always enjoy ourselves. The kids love it and it’s time to spend together.”

Sister-In-Law: “Good… we were thinking about going to New York next year.”

(Thanks, that was great to hear!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!