Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2013

Jump to page:

Bizarre Behavior Themed Giveaway Roundup

Right | December 4, 2013

Bizarre Behavior Themed Giveaway Roundup! Here’s a final roundup of stories from last month’s themed giveaway!

  1. Was Not Performed In Chest (1,138 thumbs up)
  2. This Store Takes Credit (1,0673 thumbs up)
  3. A Sudden Stamp Of Recognition (1,737 thumbs up)
  4. Doesn’t Give Two Hoots About Listening (2,203 thumbs up)
  5. A Streetcar Named Cheshire (1,604 thumbs up)

PS #1: check out our Extras section, with pictures, videos, and news galore!

PS #2: Read more roundups here!

Trying To Get Herself A-Wrist-Ed

, , , , | Right | December 4, 2013

(I am ordering coffee at a coffee shop located on my community college campus.)

Barista: “Hey, [My Name]. I love that bracelet you’re wearing!”

(The barista points to the silicone rainbow wristband on my right wrist.)

Me: “Thanks!”

Customer Behind Me: “Where did you get it?”

Me: “It was from a group that gave them out a couple of years back. But they’re not doing them anymore, due to financial problems.”

Customer Behind Me: “Oh, so I couldn’t get one?”

Me: “No, sorry.”

(The customer keeps eyeing the wristband as we wait for our drinks. It’s slightly strange but I don’t say anything.)

Barista: “[My Name], latte’s up!”

Me: “Thanks, [Barista]. You have a good—”

(As I reach for my drink, the customer behind me steps forward and starts actually pulling on my arm to get the wristband off. I’m right-handed and my HOT drink ends up spilling all over the floor and her.)

Customer Behind Me: “I HATE ALL OF YOU! F*** THIS!”

(The customer runs away, while the barista and I just kind of blink for a while.)

Barista: “I have no words right now. I’ll make you another drink.”


This story is part of our Rainbow roundup!

Read the next Rainbow roundup story!

Read the Rainbow roundup!

Make Up Before A Break Up

| Related | December 4, 2013

(My mom comes to visit me while I’m in college, about a month into my first year.)

Mom: “You should wear make-up. It might get you a boyfriend.”

Me: “He’s going to need to see me without make-up at some point. Might as well be the first time we meet.”

(She never brings up make-up around me again.)

No Escape From Stupid Moments, Part 2

| Right | December 4, 2013

(I work in a three-level retail store, on the bottom floor. Access to the connected mall is only on the second and third floors. It’s a pretty big place, and sometimes customers get confused as to where to go or how to leave. One day a customer comes running up to my cash, pushing next to a customer I’m ringing in.)

Customer: “Come on. I want to leave!”

Me: “Um…”

Customer: “I want to go! I want to leave!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. Did you need help with something?”

Customer: “I want to go. I’m in a hurry! I want to get out!”

(The customer is near screaming now, and she looks ready to snap.)

Me: “You want to leave the store?”

Customer: “Yes! How do I get out? I want to leave right now. I’m in a hurry!”

(I point at the two sets of large glass doors no more than twenty feet away, with the sun shining through them.)

Me: “Uh. The exit’s just right there, ma’am.”

Customer: “Where?!”

Me: “Right down there, ma’am. At the end of the aisle.”

(The customer runs down the aisle, looking as if someone is about to grab her and chain her to a fixture, and bursts out of the doors.)

Me: “…I guess when you’ve got to go, you’ve got to go.”

 

Lower Your Eggs-pectations

| Related | December 4, 2013

(My sister is having a conversation with her two-year-old son. The son holds up a chocolate egg that contains a little toy inside.)

Son: “Mommy, open it!”

Sister: “Excuse me; there is a nicer way to say that.”

(Her son then THROWS the egg at her.)

Nephew: “Open it UP!”