Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2013

Jump to page:

Pass The Buck To Your Manager

| Right | December 14, 2013

(I am stocking the liquor section. An older customer comes up to the register. He is wearing cut-off jeans going three quarters of the way up his thigh and a flannel shirt unbuttoned to his belly button.)

Customer: “I want the liqueur made of deer’s blood.”

Me: “Could you repeat that?”

Customer: “I want that liqueur made of deer’s blood.”

Me: “Do you know the name of this drink?”

Customer: “No, but I know it is made of deer’s blood.”

(I call over the manager who deals with the liquor section.)

Me: “Do we have a liqueur made of deer’s blood?”

Manager: “I don’t think we stock anything like that. Let’s look.”

(We look for a while and I eventually take a bottle of Jägermeister off the shelf.)

Me: “Is this what you’re looking for?”

Customer: “Yes. Thank you.”

Highly Screwed

| Right | December 14, 2013

(I am working late evening, when a customer comes in near closing time. He is high on something and brings a 4 ft tall bong.)

Me: “How can I help you today, sir?”

Customer: “Well… umm… I broke it.”

Me: “Broke what?”

Customer: “I broke my smoker.”

Me: “Okay… what can I do to help you?”

Customer: “Screw. I need a screw. I think a screw will fix it. Or maybe something else. A screw. I need a screw. I need a screw!”

(I try to help him find the right screw, but he’s not thinking. He walks away, with his screw, and, I’m sure, another chance to get high again.)

Customer: “Need a screw. Need a screw. Need a screw…”

Not-So-Smart-Phone, Part 13

| Working | December 14, 2013

(My two-month-old phone has suddenly and permanently frozen. As it’s still under warranty, I go to the store to replace it.)

Me: “Hello. My phone is broken.”

Employee: “Oh, dear. It is. Well, because it’s still under warranty, we’ll order a new one for you and notify you when it arrives in the shop.”

Me: “Really? That’s great. Thank you.”

(I fill out the forms and take my old broken phone home with me. About a month passes and I haven’t received a single letter or e-mail from the phone shop. I take an extra long break from work and run over there.)

Me: “Hi, sorry. I’m here about a replacement phone? Mine isn’t working, and hasn’t been working for a while.”

Employee: “Did you fill out the forms?”

Me: “I have them all here, along with my old phone.”

Employee: “Oh, this. Your phone came in about three weeks ago.”

Me: “Three weeks?! Why didn’t you notify me?”

Employee: “We did. We sent you a text message.”

Me: “…wait, what?”

Employee: “We texted you several times that your phone had arrived.”

Me: “You texted me? But my phone’s broken!”

Employee: “We sent you notification. I don’t understand why it took you so long—”

Me: “Ma’am, my phone is broken. How am I supposed to receive, let alone read a text message?! I can’t use my phone! That’s why I’m getting a new one! How was I supposed to know it had arrived?!”

(The employee pauses, thinks about it, then gives a huge shrug.)

Employee: “We sent you a message. You should have come sooner.”

 

Phrasing Versus Timing

| Romantic | December 14, 2013

(I have just used my flatmate’s eye make-up remover pads to remove the significant amount of eyeliner and mascara I have worn today. It is making my eyes hurt and water. I am trying to get comfortable in bed and ignore the pain. My boyfriend is getting undressed to climb into bed for the night.)

Me: “Argh! My eyes! They burn!”

(My boyfriend looks up with slight insecurity and confusion.)

Me: “I… probably could have picked a better moment to say that.”

Playing His Instrument

| Romantic | December 14, 2013

(My girlfriend and I are driving home. We have started a silly variation on the game of letters, in which each of us has to say “I love you” and then use a verb or phrase starting with the next letter in the alphabet. I started with “I love you adorably” and we are most of the way though.)

Me: “I love you unendingly.”

Girlfriend: “I love you voraciously.”

Me: “Wholeheartedly.”

Girlfriend: “F***, I’ve got the hard one.”

Me: “All I can think of is ‘xylophone.'”

Girlfriend: “Xylophone?”

Me: “Yeah. I want to bang you on every key.”